The NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback method , from the Canadian company Zengar Institute , is unique in the sense that it does not compare a person’s brain to a “standard brain” but is interested in the VARIABILITY of a person’s brain, that is, way that electrical activity has to vary over time, in this brain. It is this variability that is taken into account to analyze the regulation of the brain.
For the analysis of electrical signals emitted by the brain, NeurOptimal® uses an algorithm by Dennis Gabor, 1971 Nobel Prize winner in physics.
The NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback method helps your brain to self-regulate. It is not a medical treatment but a “passive brain gymnastics”.
NeurOptimal® Neurofeedback sessions are especially recommended in the following disorders:
– ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
– Autism / Asperger’s Syndrome
– PDD (General Developmental Disorder)
– OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder)
– BD (Bipolar Affective Disorder)
– PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
– Disorders language / learning
– Sleep disorders
– Chronic pain
– Headaches, migraines
– Panic attacks
– Cerebral palsy
– Degenerative diseases (Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s …)… And, in general, in the problems of the Central Nervous System.